Caroline Gorman focuses her practice on public finance and on all aspects of secured and unsecured financing, including construction and real estate loans, acquisition financing and asset-based financing. She regularly represents clients as bond counsel and underwriter’s counsel related to tax-exempt financing for 501(c)(3) entities, governmental units and other entities. Caroline’s practice involves structuring and completing project financings for the construction of major infrastructure improvements for nonprofit institutions. She also represents clients with respect to restructuring projects involving multinational enterprises and post-acquisition integration.
Caroline has represented:
- governmental issuers and authorities, letter of credit providers, as well as underwriters and borrowers in dozens of tax-exempt financings
- the developer and owner of a $100 million+ mixed-use project at 38th and Chestnut Streets in Philadelphia, involving several levels of equity investment, debt financing and New Markets Tax Credit financing
- a multinational corporation in the successful post-acquisition integration and reorganization of global treasury operations, including project management of the efforts of three global law firms across two dozen countries and operating companies
- a state-chartered bank in the concurrent transactions of its reorganization into a bank holding company structure, acquisition by merger of another bank holding company, and initial registration of its securities on Form S-1, to be issued in connection with both the reorganization and merger
- a REIT in its sale of 16 non-core portfolio hotels to Blackstone Real Estate Advisors, LP, a subsidiary of Blackstone Group LP, for approximately $217 million
- a manufacturer of high performance fibers and fiber coatings in connection with its $38 million sale to an affiliate of a private equity company
- a publicly held company (Nasdaq) in the acquisition of another publicly held company using registered common stock and cash as the acquisition currency(continued)
IN THE COMMUNITY
Since 2012, Caroline has served on the host committee for the Back on My Feet Bash, a fundraiser for Back on My Feet, a Philadelphia-based nonprofit that uses running to help those experiencing homelessness change the way they see themselves so they can make positive changes in their lives.
Back to the Board of Directors Home Page