The Garden at Pan American Academy Charter School serves as an intersection for a healthy lifestyle combining good eating habits and mindfulness. It provides an intentional and reflective space for students and community to come together. The garden promotes community engagement and a commitment to healthy living.
The Garden will achieve the following:
- Serve as a destination for the whole community to grow, maintain and harvest and take part in yoga and mindfulness sessions
- Grow fruit, vegetables, and herbs in raised-bed planters that will be harvested by students and the community
- Expand the variety of fruits and vegetables children experience, increase children’s fruit and vegetable consumption, and positively impact children’s present and future health
- House objects that enhance relaxation, such as fountains and benches and serve as a space for meditation and yoga
- Host a variety of activities such as science lessons, gardening clubs, mindfulness groups, educational talks, outdoor yoga, poetry readings, small concerts, and group meetings