January Family Newsletter
January 28, 2022
Hello Pan American families!
It is finally here!!! We will return to in-person teaching and learning on Monday, January 31st.
The Center for Disease Control and the Philadelphia Department of Health have updated their COVID guidance for schools in January 2022. We made the changes in our health and safety protocols to reflect the recent updates.
Health & Safety Protocols
- Masks must be worn correctly, over the nose and mouth
- Physical distancing continues with assigned seating in classrooms and assigned cafeteria tables during lunch
- KN95 masks will be made available to all staff working in the lunchroom and at recess where students are not masked because they are eating
- We continue to disinfect and sanitize daily
- We will continue to provide biweekly testing for COVID-19 and use rapid response tests for individuals who are symptomatic or to conduct testing additional to our bi-weekly testing
- All students, staff and visitors must complete the wellness screener using the SchoolPass app
- Students in quarantine/isolation will have asynchronous work to complete via Google Classroom
- Quarantine & Isolation (see below)
Quarantine based on vaccination status
Group 1 (up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations/recent COVID infection)
People in the following categories do not need to quarantine if they come into close contact with someone with COVID-19:
- 18 years or older and received all recommended vaccine doses, including boosters and additional primary shots for some immunocompromised people
- 5-17 years old and completed the primary series of COVID-19 vaccines
- Had confirmed COVID-19 within the last 90 days (tested positive using a viral test)
Group 2 (Not up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations)
People in the following categories should quarantine if they come into close contact with someone with COVID-19:
- 18 years or older and completed the primary series of recommended vaccines, but have not received a recommended booster shot when eligible
- Not vaccinated or have not completed a primary vaccine series
Regardless of vaccination status, individuals should also get tested at least 5 days after having close contact with someone with COVID-19, (unless they recovered from confirmed COVID-19 in the last 90 days.)
- Students must be in full uniform daily. They may only wear their gym uniform on the days they have gym
- Please be sure to send your student with their iPad fully charged
- Please note that while we love to celebrate different events at Pan American, we are not allowing any food, snacks, or sweet treats for celebrations in classrooms
- We are a nut-free school, please do not send lunch or snack products containing nuts
- We will review expectations with students this coming week as we re-establish ourselves back in the building
- Wednesday’s are early release days, students dismiss at 12pm
Thank you for your unending support as we continue to navigate these unprecedented times.